Splunk Search

total concurrent searches

d646800
Explorer

can anyone let me know how to find the total concurrent searches in splunk for example in the last few days etc and the details of the search

i was doing this
index=_internal source=*metrics.log group="search_concurrency" host=A | timechart span=1m sum(active_hist_searches) as concurrent_searches by host

but i cannot see the type of searches or the search string etc in it. is there a way to find it out

Tags (1)
0 Karma

d646800
Explorer

thanks for the reply, I cannot seem to see sourcetype="searches" though i can see the sourcetype="scheduler".

0 Karma

chimbudp
Contributor

You could probably accomplish your goal, using Splunk internal information. The running jobs are normally tracked by Splunk as follows:

Saved Searches: index="_internal" sourcetype="scheduler" earliest=02/05/2011:12:20:00 latest=02/05/2011:12:25:00

Manual Searches: index="_internal" sourcetype="searches" earliest=02/05/2011:12:20:00 latest=02/05/2011:12:35:00

0 Karma

chimbudp
Contributor
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...