Dashboards & Visualizations

submit button greys out during search, possible?

sou128
Explorer

I have a submit button in my adv xml, is it possible to make the submit button grey out or says "processing" during the time the search is running? thx

Tags (1)

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Not today, but you could do something simple in application.js in your app.

Splunk.Module.SubmitButton = $.klass(Splunk.Module.SubmitButton, {
    onClick: function($super, event) {
        $(event.target).attr("disabled", "disabled")
            .css("background-color", "#CCCCCC");
        $super(event);
    }
});

This of course only handles greying out and disabling the button. A lot more work would need to go in to enabling/restoring the color of the button.

cphair
Builder

Thank you.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No promises, but I'll add it to some upcoming work that the team is doing.

0 Karma

helenashton
Path Finder

Did this functionality get added?

0 Karma

cphair
Builder

@araitz, is there any updated solution here? It's annoying to have zero feedback as to whether the dashboard is doing anything or not. JobProgressIndicator is the best we have for now, but it's an inferior option.

0 Karma

araitz
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

When I look at it, there would be a couple of fundamental changes that would need to happen that would take an experienced person a few hours and someone new to Splunk development a few days. Most importantly, the SubmitButton is a superclass of the AbstractModule, not the DispatchingModule which provides the hooks necessary to monitor the dispatched job and return the button to the desired state depending on the state of the search job.

0 Karma

Sriram
Communicator

Thanks. This helps. However I need to restore the button back once the search is done. Can you tell me whether it is feasible and how much work it is.

0 Karma

Sriram
Communicator

Did you get an answer to this question ? I have a similar need, I am not sure how to do this other than writing custom javascript.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...