Splunk Dev

splunk remove common field values after join

JoshuaJohn
Contributor

I have two indexes. I can join them and see the results based on a common field. I want to see only the results in the second index that are not part of the first index.

index=BASE earliest=0
| eval LPR = strptime(LastPolicyRequest, "%m/%d/%Y %I:%M:%S %p") 
| where LPR >= relative_time(now(),"-7d@h")
| table "WiFiMAC","LastPolicyRequest","ValidFrom","ValidTo" 
| join type=left WiFiMAC 
    [ search BASE earliest =-48h
    | eval indextime=strftime(_indextime,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S") 
    | eval Indextime =strptime(indextime,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S.%N") 
    | eval Time =strptime(_time,"%s") 
    | eval Minutes_Diff = round((Indextime - Time)/60,2) 
    | stats avg(Minutes_Diff) as Avg_Minutes_Diff stdev(Minutes_Diff) as StDev_Minutes_Diff min(Minutes_Diff) as Min_Minutes_Diff max(Minutes_Diff) as Max_Minutes_Diff count as count by WiFiMAC 
    | eval Avg_Minutes_Diff = round(Avg_Minutes_Diff,2) 
    | rename count as "Sample Size" 
    | table "WiFiMAC", "Avg_Minutes_Diff", "StDev_Minutes_Diff", "Min_Minutes_Diff", "Max_Minutes_Diff", "Sample Size" ] 
| table "WiFiMAC", "Avg_Minutes_Diff", "StDev_Minutes_Diff", "Min_Minutes_Diff", "Max_Minutes_Diff","ValidFrom","ValidTo","LastPolicyRequest", "Sample Size"
| dedup WiFiMAC

Any Ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hey

Let's say you WiFiMAC is the field that you use to eliminate them, you can use a strategy like the following:

Index 2 NOT [ search index 1 | ..... | return WiFiMAC]

That will show you index 2 entries that don't have any value of the index 1 entries you got in that subsearch

View solution in original post

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Hey

Let's say you WiFiMAC is the field that you use to eliminate them, you can use a strategy like the following:

Index 2 NOT [ search index 1 | ..... | return WiFiMAC]

That will show you index 2 entries that don't have any value of the index 1 entries you got in that subsearch

0 Karma

JoshuaJohn
Contributor

... that did it. Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...