Splunk Dev

splunk rejects geo macro

natestelladot
Engager

I have the google maps application for splunk and configured geo location on it, and it works fine (search | geoip ip_address returns stuff). However when I try to configure web analytics with this app splunk rejects the data input.

What I think I should put in is

| geoip ip_address

but no matter what variation I try (quotes, no quotes etc) Splunk always barfs. Sample error from log

09-19-2011 19:10:34.896 +0000 ERROR AdminManager - Unexpected error "<class 'splunk.BadRequest'>" from python handler: "[HTTP 400] Bad Request; [{'text': 'In handler \'macros\': Argument "disabled" is not supported by this handler.', 'code': None, 'type': 'ERROR'}]".  See splunkd.log for more details.
09-19-2011 19:13:58.251 +0000 ERROR AdminManager - Stack trace from python handler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 60, in init
    hand.execute(info)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/splunk/admin.py", line 433, in execute
    if self.requestedAction == ACTION_EDIT:     self.handleEdit(confInfo)
  File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/web_analytics/bin/sideview_wa_setup_handler.py", line 66, in handleEdit
    en.setEntity(macro,sessionKey=sessionKey)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/splunk/entity.py", line 308, in setEntity
    serverResponse, serverContent = rest.simpleRequest(uri, sessionKey=sessionKey, postargs=postargs, raiseAllErrors=True)
  File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.6/site-packages/splunk/rest/__init__.py", line 468, in simpleRequest
    raise splunk.BadRequest, (None, serverResponse.messages)
BadRequest: [HTTP 400] Bad Request; [{'text': 'In handler \'macros\': Argument "disabled" is not supported by this handler.', 'code': None, 'type': 'ERROR'}]

The configuration screen mentions pasting one of the quote characters incorrectly, however I see no quote characters.

Running Splunk 4.2.1, and I downloaded this web analytics application last week.

Tags (1)

natestelladot
Engager

this problem went away when I upgraded to splunk 4.2.3

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...