Splunk Search

splunk is hanging after search

abhayneilam
Contributor

Hi,

I have installed 64 bit splunk-6.0.2 in VM-ware10 in Redhat-6. I have configured everything and restarted the service and it worked fine. But when I am running any search it shows "loading" in the middle of the splunk web and nothing happens even if I wait for hour and hour.
I found the following error from the splunkd.log :

ERROR HTTPClient - Cannot resolve IP of host=splunkbase.splunk.com: Temporary Failure in Name Resolution.
ERROR ApplicationUpdater - Error checking for update, URL=/api/apps:resolve/checkforupgrade: Invalid URI

I have gone through the WIKI of no internet connection but nothing happened. Please provide me the solution as I need to give an urgent delivery ..

Please help !!

Tags (2)
0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

The error you have encountered in the log is simply the UI attempting to check for the latest version in order to prompt you to upgrade if appropriate. I would not expect that to cause the session to hang. I have a version 5 search head which has no internet connection, and that hangs only briefly during the attempt (a matter of seconds). I stand to be corrected, though.

What else do you find in any Splunk logs (or indeed in the system logs) around the same time? Have you checked dmesg or looked in /var/log/messages for process faults?

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

Can any one help me in solving the above issues ? It is paining and did lots of stuffs but nothing is working ..any idea why is this happening ?

0 Karma

abhayneilam
Contributor

/var/log/messages file and dmesg file is not giving any error related to the one which I am facing . just now I have checked it . I am doing internet via dongle in windows machine, so my dmesg and /var/log/messages file is showing some information related to USB.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...