Splunk Search

splunk discard specific events

pdash
Path Finder
{[-] EventInfo : {[+]}, EventType : "INFO", Properties : {[+]}, TimeStamp : "2014-01-03T19:31:30.3319998Z" }

How do i discard events that have EventType = INFO?

Currently my transforms and props are:

(transforms)

[treessvcignore] 
REGEX = \"EventType\"\:\"INFO\" 
DEST_KEY = queue 
FORMAT = nullQueue

(props)

[host::TREESSVC*] 
TRANSFORMS-null = treessvcignore

This data is in json format

The raw data looks like this
The raw event is

{"EventType":"INFO","TimeStamp":"2014-01-03T06:59:59.9645694Z","Properties":{"StackId":"PER_RNK","applicationClass":"CollatorApplication","name":"PersonRank","type":"Collator","serverClassType":"Live","serverClassApplication":"Multi","ComponentId":"PersonRank","ClientId":"Unknown","ClassName":"CollatorHandlers","MethodName":"Query","ClientPath":"Unknown","RequestPath":"a61a2538-9ef6-4c2c-8579-0d6e073c4159","Metric":...
Tags (2)

lguinn2
Legend

dwaddle 's answer is great, but I think I see some typos in your REGEX, based on the sample event. I would do it this way

REGEX = "EventType"\s*:\s*"INFO" 

ah - I didn't see the quotes at first in the raw data.

0 Karma

pdash
Path Finder

Doesnot work either. It still shows up newly indexed data that have info in eventtype

0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I tested your configuation on my test system with your example event, and it seems to have filtered the event just fine. So I believe your configuration is (fundamentally) correct. Some questions:

1. Where is this configuration defined? On a forwarder, or the indexer? With Light or Universal forwarders, this configuration needs to be installed at the indexer. If there is a heavy forwarder in your environment, it needs to be at the first heavy forwarder that will touch the event.
  2. Have you restarted Splunk since applying this change?
  3. Are these configs in an app or in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local directory?
  4. Have you checked with the btool command to make sure your config is not being overridden by some other app? ( http://blogs.splunk.com/2012/10/02/tips-and-tricks-for-the-new-guy/ )

pdash
Path Finder

Thanks. So its on indexer not on forwarder. And within splunkhome/etc/system/local dir. Also i restarted to make the changes effective

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...