All Apps and Add-ons

splunk compatibility with QNX OS

rashidmirza

I would like to know if it is possible to monitor some text based log files, that reside on a system running QNX OS.
Would like to know what needs to be done.
Besides the IP of the machine, machine name, what other information do i need to have in order to establish a connection between the splunk server and QNX machine?
Would i need to install a forwarder on the QNX machine?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Currently, there is no Splunk forwarder binary that is compiled for the QNX OS. If QNX has some ABI-compatibility with either Linux or FreeBSD you might be able to use that for a forwarder.

I assume QNX has an NFS server capability. You could use NFS to mount the filesystem containing these logfiles onto a machine running Splunk (either the indexer or the forwarder).

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk does not know how to (natively) do FTP. You could possibly do this with a scripted input, if you are willing to do a nontrivial amount of coding. Alternately, you could try one of the FUSE filesystem overlays like sshfs / ftpfs / curlftpfs to make a "mount" out of the remote server. This may or may not work, depending on how well the FUSE overlay handles reasonable POSIX semantics that Splunk expects. I would also expect it not to be supported by Splunk support.

0 Karma

rashidmirza

Alternatively, would it be possible to ftp into the machine which is running QNX, provide necessary login credentials and specify the path where the files of interest reside?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...