All Apps and Add-ons

splunk app for enterprise security

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hi Team,

Recently I was studying Splunk App for enterprise security , I want to dig it further like what are it's capabilities, so my questions are
1) Is it free , I mean can I download it for free like we have Splunk 30-90 days trial version ?
2) If not do I need to purchase a separate license for this app ?
3) What if someone already using licensed SPLUNK , will the same license can be used for this APP ?
4) What is the cost ?
5) Is it compatible with older versions of SPLUNK ?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The Splunk App for Enterprise Security is not free, you need a separate volume-based license for the app on top of your regular Splunk license. Talk to your local Splunk Sales or Splunk Partner for pricing and trials. The current version 3.2.0 at https://apps.splunk.com/app/263/ is only compatible with Splunk 6.2, older versions exist for older Splunk versions.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The Splunk App for Enterprise Security is not free, you need a separate volume-based license for the app on top of your regular Splunk license. Talk to your local Splunk Sales or Splunk Partner for pricing and trials. The current version 3.2.0 at https://apps.splunk.com/app/263/ is only compatible with Splunk 6.2, older versions exist for older Splunk versions.

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For trials you'll have to talk to your local Splunk Sales or Splunk Partner. It's not easy to just trial ES though...

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

Thanks for prompt reply Martin
but , does that mean that we can get older versions of Splunk ES App for free (atleast the trials)?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There are no free versions of ES, past or present. A current license gives access to all versions.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...