Splunk Search

sort the columns numerically in table *

smiththebest

mySearch | table * generates nice table of all my ~150 fields with default field names field1 field2... field10... fiel100 field101 so on but the output Table columns are ordered alphabetically meaning field1 field10 field100 field101 so on. How can I order the columns so the table show field1 field2 field3.... ?
Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Karma

koshyk
Super Champion

Splunk is doing correctly, coz field1, field10,field2 i correct ordering.
The only way i could think of is to "pad" your field names with zeroes, so it becomes
field001, field002,field003... , field010,field011.... field100,field101 etc

Inroder to do that
1. Do it manually one time (may be easier here).=> Just put each field to do rename eg: |rename field1 as field001 and put as a macro . So your search should be . => ...| rename_my_fields| table field*
2. Do using some kind of regex to pad ....|foreach field* [eval newfield=<<FIELD>>] table field*

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...