Reporting

report is not sending an email.

rajneeshc1981
Explorer

I can see the report in the -searches and reports but I don't know its not triggering the mail.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi. I would do the following:

1 ) add the alert to list of Triggered Alerts so you can truly see the alert is triggering.

Edit Alert
When Triggered.. Add to List of Triggered Actions

2) Search the search head to make sure the email is being sent
index=_internal sourcetype=splunk_python

I did a test with a bad email and I did not get an error back from our MTA, unfortunately. But at least you can see the email attempting to be sent. I saw something like this

2018-08-20 23:12:02,263 +0000 INFO  sendemail:134 - Sending email. subject="Splunk Alert: Test message", results_link="http://myserver.xx.com:1234/splunkunk/app/launcher/@go?sid=scheduler__burwell__launcher__RMD5dd4d34f24a9c4022_at_1534806720_6612", recipients="[u'mybadaddr@foo.com']", server="mymailserver.com:25"

nick405060
Motivator

Here you go. This was for alerting and not reports, but I'm guessing it's the same fix

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/681118/email-alerts-not-sending.html

rajneeshc1981
Explorer

old alerts are triggering but anything configured as new is not triggering .we checked the logs the search head is sending the alert mail but we are not receiving it .

0 Karma

nadlurinadluri
Communicator

old alerts are triggering but anything configured as new is not triggering --- Are you triggering the alert for the same email?

0 Karma

rajneeshc1981
Explorer

yes ,for same email.

0 Karma

nadlurinadluri
Communicator

thats interesting!! and you are sure that the alert is triggered.

0 Karma

rajneeshc1981
Explorer

yes its going out from splunk...but we are not receiving it ..do you know what could be the issue with smtp server.

0 Karma

nick405060
Motivator

Not sure beyond that, sorry. I know there were some other Splunk Answers where the firewall/spam was the problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...