All Apps and Add-ons

remove app

gnovak
Builder

HI,

I recently upgraded to the new version of splunk (4.2) and I was experimenting with some apps. I tried installing Afterglow but decided to put it on a test server first instead of my main indexer.

I decided to delete it. I removed the entire directory from /opt/splunk/etc/apps and restarted splunk.

However it still shows up in the apps management page in splunk as "enabled". I disabled the app on this page and did a "ls" in /opt/splunk/etc/apps and the afterglow directory was back!!!

How can I delete this app? I've tried twice so far and get the same results?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Go to your user's directory, for example for the admin user at /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin and delete/move the Afterglow subdirectory.

View solution in original post

twkan
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello,

Go to your user's directory, for example for the admin user at /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin and delete/move the Afterglow subdirectory.

gnovak
Builder

this worked thanks...

0 Karma

hazekamp
Builder

Have you tried stopping Splunk, removing the directory from /opt/splunk/etc/apps, and then starting Splunk back up? There could be a scripted or something else executing that puts the folder back before you get a chance to restart.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...