Archive

reinstall of splunk hangs on loading

Explorer

Had to remove my old splunk installation and do a fresh reinstall. I've actually done 2, one with the tar file which didn't work and one with the deb file that is having the same problem. When I start splunk with
/opt/splunk/bin $ sudo ./splunk start --accept-license
the splunk instance starts up fine according to the console, but when I open the web interface it just sits there with 'loading...' in the window and nothing happens. Waited for several minutes each time, no change.

I tried ./splunk restart splunkweb as suggested in another post, no joy.

New to splunk, could use some guidance here.

Tags (3)
0 Karma

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did all the temp files get deleted when you uninstalled splunk?

0 Karma

Explorer

It would appear that this didn't post before, if it did and is just sitting in line awaiting a moderator, please forgive the double post. It seems that I've run into a lack of karma obstacle again.

Anyway, how would I verify that? I'm pretty sure I have removed everything but being so new to splunk I'd like to doublecheck. I ran locate splunk* and find splunk* after updatedb and all I seem to still have on the system are some tutorial docs I saved.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Just additional fact-finding: what version of Splunk Enterprise are you installing, and on what OS?

0 Karma

Explorer

Oops, thought I put that in the original post. Splunk 6.2.4-271043 in Mint 17.1 on a 64 bit Toshiba i7 with 24 GB RAM

0 Karma

Explorer

Where should I check? I did a find splunk* and locate splunk* after updatedb and found nothing other than some docs I had saved.

0 Karma
Don’t Miss Global Splunk
User Groups Week!

Free LIVE events worldwide 2/8-2/12
Connect, learn, and collect rad prizes and swag!