Training + Certification Discussions

"Where Will Your Karma Take You?" Spam alert

agentsofshield
Path Finder

Can you stop spamming me with this alert please? I tried pressing both "I Agree" and "I Disagree" and it doesn't go away.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

ppablo
Retired

Hi @agentsofshield (feels funny to address that. I feel like I'm really talking to the Agents of Shield haha...or am I?!)

My name is Patrick and I'm a Community Manager at Splunk.

I've disabled the pop up since I got reports that it was appearing for users on every single page they visited instead of just once the first time they log in after it was made active. Definitely a bug I'm going to have the devs look into this in the coming week. Once they get to the root cause and correct the source of the problem, it will be reactivated so you should only see it appear only once. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Big thanks to @burwell and Answers moderators for getting my attention on the issue on new year's day to get it taken down for the time being. I appreciate it!

View solution in original post

ppablo
Retired

Hi @agentsofshield (feels funny to address that. I feel like I'm really talking to the Agents of Shield haha...or am I?!)

My name is Patrick and I'm a Community Manager at Splunk.

I've disabled the pop up since I got reports that it was appearing for users on every single page they visited instead of just once the first time they log in after it was made active. Definitely a bug I'm going to have the devs look into this in the coming week. Once they get to the root cause and correct the source of the problem, it will be reactivated so you should only see it appear only once. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Big thanks to @burwell and Answers moderators for getting my attention on the issue on new year's day to get it taken down for the time being. I appreciate it!

agentsofshield
Path Finder

Thanks man.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

According to @ppablo, the popup has been disabled for now, perhaps he will show up here with more details...

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I see that too. I have reported it to someone at Splunk who should be able to get it fixed. Thanks.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...