Getting Data In

"No spec file for" errors for the default configuration of Add-on

tom8h
Explorer

When I was about to deploy add-on directory from cluster-master to indexers, I got a lot of "No spec file for" errors.
I didn't change for default configuration so I don't know why I got the errors.

I checked the other environment which is installed same add-on as the above using "splunk btool check --debug" command then I got the same messages.

The error messages were below;

./splunk btool check --debug | grep -v Checking
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/splunk_app_db_connect/local/dbx-ui-conn-prefs.conf
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/splunk_app_db_connect/local/dbx-ui-prefs.conf
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/splunk_app_for_nix/local/nix_view_prefs.conf
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/splunk_app_for_nix/local/unix.conf
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_jmx/local/jmx_servers.conf
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_jmx/local/jmx_tasks.conf
No spec file for: /opt/splunk/etc/apps/Splunk_TA_jmx/local/jmx_templates.conf

Please kindly tell me how to resolve the above.

0 Karma

sdesruelles
Explorer

Hi tom8h,

Late reply but I just solve this for us two days ago.
First of all, those are just warnings so no worries.

You can remove that by adding an empty file XXX.spec in the README directory
for the first one, it would be /opt/splunk/etc/users/admin/splunk_app_db_connect/REAMDE/dbx-ui-conn-prefs.conf.spec

Best Regards,
S.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...