Security

panel access as per user login

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hello Everyone,
I prepared a dashboard which we gonna present to the higher level management ,lower level and to the middle level.Now I have certain panel and tables on the dashboard which should be visible only to higher level management .Can I achieve this with user access or we have some other way to do this ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The easiest way would be to have separate panels, one for each level.

If however you absolutely want all three levels to use the very same dashboard, you can still achieve that. If you're using AdvancedXML, you can use SideviewUtil's Multiplexer module to decide based on the role of the current user whether to show a panel or not. If you're using SplunkJS/Webframework, you can probably achieve the same from the JavaScript of the view. I doubt you can do this in SimpleXML without a lot of customization.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...