Splunk Search

notify users to change password on their first login and every 3 month the password we share should expire in 3 days

puneethgowda
Communicator

Hi all

Can any one help me with password change notification to the user

What exactly we need is if we create new user and share to them in their first login it should as notify them to change the password like when we install Splunk it ask for changeme.

And password expiry option also helpful we should notify them to change the password every 3 months.

Thanks

Puneeth
i love splunk
Happy splunking

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk doesn't support this automatically. You need to integrate with a SAML/LDAP/SSO provider and use that provider as the method to manage your password policies.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

1.When i share username password to users once they login they should get notification to change password and current password will expire within 7 days
2.User should get password expiry message every three month
3.Can we restrict a login to be active for one user only?

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See above.

The answer is no. Your authentication provider can provide most of this functionality.

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

Hi esix you can ignore this

i have checked your answer i have posted this question with some other thread someone asked me clarification with and they asked me to post this in separate question .

0 Karma

esix_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk doesn't support this automatically. You need to integrate with a SAML/LDAP/SSO provider and use that provider as the method to manage your password policies.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...