Splunk Search

no results found?

TISKAR
Builder

Hey Splunkers:

I indexed my data, and I worked quietly, but today I ran the same query, output is : "no results found"

source="lightsaber_bis2.csv" host="PC" index="index3" sourcetype="csv"

Splunk: Splunk Entreprise.

Can you Help please.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try changing the time range in Splunk search bar.
It's possible that you indexed the data with old timestamps and searching for latest.

Just try setting timerange to "all time" and run the search again

Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try changing the time range in Splunk search bar.
It's possible that you indexed the data with old timestamps and searching for latest.

Just try setting timerange to "all time" and run the search again

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

Thank you for your respense:

I checked, it's all temp, I loaded the data by creating another index, but when I restat the server, the event going from 11000 event to 0 event

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Check the "frozenTimePeriodInSecs" property for the index on which this is imported. This defines the data retiring policy for the index (events older than frozenTimePeriodInSecs value in sec, will get deleted).
By default its value is 188697600 which is 6 years and your data may be older that that.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

TISKAR
Builder

Thank you for your respense:

I checked, it's all temp, I loaded the data by creating another index, but when I restat the server, the event going from 11000 event to 0 event

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...