Monitoring Splunk

monitored drafted mail

praneshjan
Explorer

We are using Zimbra as our private mail server. We are monitoring the logs of this server. How can I see if someone has saved any attachment in draft? Which log indicated the attachment in draft. Please help.

0 Karma

kevinwdunn

I don't believe there is going to be a logfile to monitor. If there is a logfile to be found, your question should be asked on zimbra forums as the people on there may know if that logfile exists can exist in a logfile by modifying something with zmcontrol or something like that.

Personally, my approach to this problem would be to create a script to login to every mailbox, and look at every message in the drafts folder of every mailbox, output desired meta data information to Splunk HEC or local logfile to be consumed by splunk forwarder. Essentially you need a middle ware tier (or custom splunk app) to generate the information that you're looking to obtain from the mailbox to feed into Splunk.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...