All Apps and Add-ons

master-app and slaves-app

vumanhtai
Path Finder

Hi Splunk Team
When i used the app on peer node: App run corretly.
After I follow this guide to manage the app from master, it didnt run:
command used from master node: #/opt/splunk/bin/splunk apply cluster-bundle

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.0/Indexer/Updatepeerconfigurations

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @vumanhtai,

You should not be installing apps directly on peer nodes in an IDX cluster. You should always go through the CM for app deployment.

Please confirm that your peer is connected to the master and make sure there is no connectivity issues :

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show cluster-status

Once you've confirmed that, you can then proceed with pushing the app from the CM using :

/opt/splunk/bin/splunk apply cluster-bundle

Make sure the app you wish to deploy is in the CM side is in the master-apps folders, and after deploying it should be in the salve-apps folder of your indexer.

Let me know how that works out for you.

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

vumanhtai
Path Finder

Hi DavidHourani
i see my app in folder slaves-app of peer node. but app not working

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @vumanhtai,

This is good news, at least you know that deploying the app works.

Now questions are :
1- what is the app you are using ?
2- what is not working exactly ?
3- what do you have in your splunkd.log

0 Karma

vumanhtai
Path Finder

Hi DavidHourani
my app : website_monitoring
There is no log monitor for my websites

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

what do you have in the app ? On the indexer you should have the indexes.conf configuration along with props.conf for any index time configs.

Once your index is created via this app, you can start sending logs to Splunk. Where are you sending the logs to ?

0 Karma

vumanhtai
Path Finder

this app when i install directly in the indexer, it run correcly and i see log monitor website
but when i push this app from master node to indexer , it not run and i don't see log monitor website

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

weird, you're using the app from the indexer ? you should be going on the SH to "see" the app, am I misunderstanding something ? Could you please give me more details ?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...