Splunk Search

How to list out saved searches which are used index=* instated of using index fully qualified name?

john_q
Explorer

Hi all,
we have hundreds of saved searches,but the problem is while creating savedsearches they were used index= *

instead of using index fully qualified name.so i want to list out how many savedsearches has index=*

thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

sylvia_gerges

You can also try

| regex search=.*index\s*=\s*_?\*\s

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@john_q - Looks like you have a few possible solutions to your question. If one of them provided a working solution, please don't forget to click "Accept" below the best answer to resolve this post. If you still need help, please leave a comment. Don’t forget to upvote anything that was helpful too. Thanks!

0 Karma

SathyaNarayanan
Path Finder

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/saved/searches | fields title search eai:acl.app eai:acl.owner | eval var1=if(match(search,"index=*"), "TUNE-ME", "OK") | where var1 = "TUNE-ME"

DalJeanis
Legend

upvote for "TUNE-ME", but remember to mark your code.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| rest /servicesNS/-/-/saved/search splunk_server=local
| regex search=".*index\s*=\s*\*.+"
| table title eai:acl.owner eai:acl.app cron_schedule dispatch.*_time search 

adonio
Ultra Champion

Hi John_q
Try and run this search:

This is not perfect but if you will click at the arrow next to the search field in the table, it will sort searches alphabetically
and will bring the index=* searches to the top of the list

| rest /services/saved/searches
| table search eai:acl.owner title search
| search search="index=*"

Hope it helps

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...