Dashboards & Visualizations

line of threshold in timechart graph

faribole
Path Finder

My request is simple

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | timechart count by host

I want to visualize the threshold value, so i add a field thresold with value of 350

My new request is :

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | eval threshold=350 | timechart count max(threshold) by host

but I have 10 host and splunk is drawing 10 superposed lines of threshold or i want to show only one line at 350

how can i do this ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

faribole
Path Finder

in Overlay section, it prupose me 10 max(threshold), one per host.
I choose one but it didn't change the graph

View solution in original post

0 Karma

faribole
Path Finder

in Overlay section, it prupose me 10 max(threshold), one per host.
I choose one but it didn't change the graph

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

Try changing the query as suggested below by @whrg

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | timechart count by host | eval threshold=350

Then go to Format => Chart Overlay => Overlay and choose the threshold field. This will display a line in your chart.

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

You have to format the visualization...

Go to Format => Chart Overlay => Overlay and choose your threshold field as overlay parameter.

whrg
Motivator

Also, I would move the eval expression to the end of the search query. Something like this:

sourcetype="mysourcetype" login OK | timechart count by host | eval threshold=350

faribole
Path Finder

This is the good request.
Thanks

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

Could you please accept the answer as correct if it helped you?

0 Karma

DMohn
Motivator

You are totally right here 🙂 Makes even more sense!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...