Dashboards & Visualizations

is it possible to customize a layout panel or even create your own

timpgray
Path Finder

Seems like I read somewhere that you could modify a layout or even create your own by modifying the application's css. Of course I cannot find that now.

Does anyone know how to do this and/or is there any documentation around this topic?

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You can customize the look and feel of almost every aspect of Splunk via CSS - if you are talking about existing UI elements. However, if you want to create your own kind of widget (a circular dashboard panel instead of a rectangle, perhap?), then that will require a great deal more work.

Before you consider extending the UI framework, I suggest that you take a look at the Sideview Utils app on Splunkbase: http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/36405/sideview-utils There is a free version and a paid version. This is a really powerful addition to Splunk UI development.

Linegod
Path Finder
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...