Splunk Search

how to transform a search into a csv file in order to query the csv instead the index

jip31
Motivator

hello

I have done a saved search scheduled one time per day from the query below

index=toto sourcetype="tutu" host=3154 | outputlookup test.csv

I have done an outputlookup test.csv because I need to export data in a csv file
If I am doing this does it going to save this file in the lookup table?
What I need is to save this file because I want to be able to do an | inputlookup test.csv in other query
Is it the good process please??
thanks for your help

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

hunderliggur
Path Finder

You are going to get a lot of fields in your outputlookup that you may not really need. You might consider adding a fields command to just put what you want in the lookup.

Alternatively, you may consider using a subsearch in your "other query" and skip the lookup altogether,

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hunderliggur
Path Finder

You are going to get a lot of fields in your outputlookup that you may not really need. You might consider adding a fields command to just put what you want in the lookup.

Alternatively, you may consider using a subsearch in your "other query" and skip the lookup altogether,

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

yes you are right I need to add | fields a, b, c...

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Yes, that is workable.

Whether or not it is the perfect solution would depend on a number of things. (You can use outputlookup or outputcsv, and they have slightly different effects and destinations, but either will work.)

In any case, I've done that myself at several companies and it works just fine.

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

thanks
I am going to check the difference between outputlookup or outputcsv

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...