Monitoring Splunk

how to get total hit count value for traffic passing through ANY ANY rule on firewall:

hadiamro
Engager

I have a firewall which have a rule with any as source destination and ports, I need to monitor this traffic and check what source and destination ips are passing through along with ports/service information. the following coorelation search provide me the perfect results but in huge events with multiple duplicate traffic, I don't want to use dedup command as if will miss some traffic.

index=paloalto-firewall host="firewall IP" rule="any any rule name" | table _time client_ip src_zone dest_ip dest_zone dest_port rule src_interface dest_interface action

Expected results I need as table: where as 555 is the total hits for this traffic passing through any any rule.

client_ip | src_zone | dest_ip | dest_zone | dest port |rule | src_interface | dest_interface | action |hit_counts
*192.168.1.1 | Inside_zone | 192.168.2.1 | dmz_zone | 80 | rulename | if1 | fi2 | allowed | 555

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Karma
1 Solution

ashajambagi
Communicator

does using stats solve the problem?

index=paloalto-firewall host="firewall IP" rule="any any rule name" | stats count by client_ip src_zone dest_ip dest_zone dest_port rule src_interface dest_interface action

View solution in original post

ashajambagi
Communicator

does using stats solve the problem?

index=paloalto-firewall host="firewall IP" rule="any any rule name" | stats count by client_ip src_zone dest_ip dest_zone dest_port rule src_interface dest_interface action

hadiamro
Engager

Thanks, it does provide the required results.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...