Splunk Search

how to execute a search everyday and every 8 hours

amani28

I have three teams in industrial company, the first starts work at 6am, the second at 2pm, and the third at 10pm, the working time of each team is 8 hours, I wanted to count the amount carried out each team with a dynamic way, at each start of the team the counting starts again in a single dashboard.
Please can you help me how to do this query
i'm a beginner in splunk

Tags (1)
0 Karma

larry02

You may try crontab syntax generator like https://www.crontab-generator.org/

0 Karma

larry02

You may try crontab syntax generator like https://www.crontab-generator.org/.

0 Karma

SathyaNarayanan
Path Finder

After creating the Alert, Select Run on Cron Schedule with * 6,14,22 * *

0 Karma

amani28

thank you for your answer SathyaNarayanan ,
I want to execute it in dashboard not as alert
i don't know how to do this

0 Karma

SathyaNarayanan
Path Finder

I will suggest you to create 3 panel in dashboard stating , First shift Amount , second shift Amount and third shift Amount . Each panel time range you can keep as per the shift timings.

Please give your current query to give more inputs.

0 Karma

amani28

this is my query is:
sourcetype=allf |spath|rename AUTOEXPORTFILE.ProgramName as produit |stats count as x by produit|where produit="\TELIA-SUEDE-E\TELIA-SUEDE-E.KYJOB" | eventstats sum(x) as result

I want to run this query in real time in single panel but at each start of team the counting starts again (teams are independent)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...