Splunk Search

help on eval

jip31
Motivator

hello
i try to use the code below but everytimes i have an issue of quote or parenthesis even if i do modifications:

| timechart span=10m eval(avg(if host=="$field1$",PercentProcessorTime,NULL)) as PercentProcessorTime_AVG by host 
OR eval(avg(if host=="$field2$",PercentProcessorTime,NULL)) as PercentProcessorTime_AVG by host 

could you help me please

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31 ,
If you want to do a timechart based on host, you could simply do it by

index="windows-wmi" sourcetype="WMI:CPUload"  host="$field1$" OR host="$field2$" (Name="mfetp/*" OR Name="mcshield/*") Name=$Service$
      | rex field=Name "^(?<Service>[^\/]+)[\/]" 
      | eval key=Service."-".host 
      | timechart span=10m avg(PercentProcessorTime) as PercentProcessorTime BY host
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31 ,
If you want to do a timechart based on host, you could simply do it by

index="windows-wmi" sourcetype="WMI:CPUload"  host="$field1$" OR host="$field2$" (Name="mfetp/*" OR Name="mcshield/*") Name=$Service$
      | timechart span=10m avg(PercentProcessorTime) as PercentProcessorTime BY host
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

THANKS RENJITH

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jip31 , again you are accepting your own answer. If one of the answer is helpful for you, please accept it or vote for it 🙂 .
@asiddique_splunk might be able to help you!

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Many thanks!

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@jip31 ,if the above answers your question, you shall accept it or vote it 🙂

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

Hello i have an issue
https://www.cjoint.com/c/HGqh71VI8M0
could you help me please?

| timechart span=10m avg(eval(if(host=="$field1$", PercentProcessorTime, null()))) AS PercentProcessorTime_AVG1
                    avg(eval(if(host=="$field2$", PercentProcessorTime, null()))) AS PercentProcessorTime_AVG2 BY host
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Did you mean to click Accept here?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Try this:

| timechart span=10m avg(eval(if(host=="$field1$", PercentProcessorTime, null()))) AS PercentProcessorTime_AVG1
                     avg(eval(if(host=="$field2$", PercentProcessorTime, null()))) AS PercentProcessorTime_AVG2 BY host
0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jip31,

You need to enclose arguments of the if statement in a parenthesis like

| timechart span=10m eval(avg(if(host=="$field1$",PercentProcessorTime,NULL))) as PercentProcessorTime_AVG by host 

Reference :
https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/Search/Usestatswithevalexpressionsandfunctions#Ex...

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.1.1/SearchReference/Eval#2._Use_the_if_function_to_ana...

Happy Splunking!
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...