hi

I need to add an hyperlink in my dashboard
I use the xml code below but impossible to reach the target
what is the problem please?

<row>
    <panel>
      <html>
 <p>
          <a href="/static/app/SA_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_sh/home.jpg" target="_blank">Patches</a> 
        </p>
  </html>
    </panel>
  </row>
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

niketn
Legend

@jip31 the above should work provided you have restarted/refreshed Splunk after uploading the image home.jpg insided your app's ( SA_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_sh ) appserver/static folder. If you are getting 404 Not Found error then it implies that
1) You either do not have static file in the right place or
2) You have not restarted/refreshed your Splunk instance after uploading the static file.
3) You need to clear your Browser history or try new browser session in InPrivate/Incongnito mode.

Following is a run anywhere example which opens dashboard.css in the search app.

<dashboard>
  <label>Static File link in Dashboard Clone</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <html>
        <div>
          <a href="/static/app/search/dashboard.css">Open dashboard.css</a>
        </div>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

View solution in original post

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@jip31 the above should work provided you have restarted/refreshed Splunk after uploading the image home.jpg insided your app's ( SA_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_sh ) appserver/static folder. If you are getting 404 Not Found error then it implies that
1) You either do not have static file in the right place or
2) You have not restarted/refreshed your Splunk instance after uploading the static file.
3) You need to clear your Browser history or try new browser session in InPrivate/Incongnito mode.

Following is a run anywhere example which opens dashboard.css in the search app.

<dashboard>
  <label>Static File link in Dashboard Clone</label>
  <row>
    <panel>
      <html>
        <div>
          <a href="/static/app/search/dashboard.css">Open dashboard.css</a>
        </div>
      </html>
    </panel>
  </row>
</dashboard>

jip31
Motivator

Many thanks to you

0 Karma

jitendragupta
Path Finder

You have already created a hyperlink. The text "patches" in working as a hyperlink. If you want more you can decorate your hyperlink like this:

<row>
     <panel>
       <html>
  <p>
           <a href="http://blogs.bmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/database-blue.png" target="_blank" style="font-style: oblique; text-decoration: underline;">Patches</a> 
         </p>
   </html>
     </panel>
   </row>
0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

yes I have created an hyperlink but it is wrong because I dont know how to query an url in static

0 Karma

vnravikumar
Champion

Hi

Please let me know your target URL

0 Karma

jip31
Motivator

HI
what do you want exactly?
To my mind the beginning of the target is :
https://x/fr-FR/app/SA_xx_xx_xx_xx_xx_sh

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...