Security

forgot pass4SymmKey

Michael
Contributor

I inherited a cluster, setup properly, as far as I know. However, am getting the error:

"Bad Request — editTracker failed, reason='WARN: path=/masterlm/usage: Signature mismatch between license slave=//redacted// and this License Master. Please make sure that the pass4SymmKey setting in server.conf, "

when trying to point new systems to the license master.

I know the fix, but I don't know the plain-text pass4SymmKey phrase...

What are my recovery options?
Thanks!

0 Karma

robgora_deloitt
Path Finder

Best option is to create a new pass4SymmKey under the General Stanza for the Licensing server. You don't have to change the Cluster pass4symmKey. Once you change it for the License server, you can change it through out your cluster. And restart Splunk. This should take care of your issue.

jaracan
Communicator

Hi @robgora_deloitte, do you have the step by step guide on how to change the License Master's pass4SymmKey?

Do we need to enable maintenance mode for the Indexers? Or how do we change the pass4SymmKey on the Indexers?

Regards,
Kevin

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...