Getting Data In

fail over data ingestion

aab5272
Engager

I am collecting logs from different sources using syslog-ng + UF . is there a way I can distribute these logs to two different data centers which in turn will provide feed to indexer . This is to make sure if one data centre goes down there is other one still working . Considering it doesn't use the licensing twice.

Can we configure the forwarders to put the logs in FIFO queue and then these two data centre can listen to these queue and make same copies of logs .

Tags (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Creating copy of data and ingesting twice (on two data center's indexers) will cause license duplication. For Fail-over use case like this, Splunk provides Indexer clustering where the multisite cluster will ingest data once and indexed data will get replicated across sites, as configured. Here is the starting point about clusters:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.1/Indexer/Clusterdeploymentoverview

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...