Splunk Search

extracting events based on certain conditions

bhavneeshvohra
Engager

HI all,

I am stuck in a scenario which has multiple conditions and i am unable to resolve it. Kindly Help!!!

I have data as follows:-
vin, cid, violationstatus,
abc,45,45
def ,56,76

i want that if violationstatus<50 records 1-50 should be considered for dashboard generation
if violationstatus>50 records 50-100 should be considered for dashboard generation

HOw to do it please help.?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

bhavneeshvohra
Engager

***edit*********

i want that if violationstatus is lessthan 50 records 1-50 should be considered for dashboard generation
i want that if violationstatus is greater than 50 records 50-100 should be considered for dashboard generation

0 Karma

jpolvino
Builder

If the condition violationstatus<50 then how do you know which records represent 1-50? Are they numbered or otherwise labeled?

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

hi @bhavneeshvohra as @jpolvino says, this is a tricky one.
You can always have a search query as the first query without displaying it and calculate violationstatus into a token under tag
BUT
what is your first 50 rows? Is it the default 'latest first' way that splunk shows events or is the earliest event , event #1.
Once you provide us that, the rest can be done in the manner I suggested above

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...