Alerting

explanation of the concurrency in the limits.conf needed

damucka
Builder

Hello,

My alert gets sporadically skipped with the following log entry:

02-09-2019 08:48:53.968 +0100 INFO  SavedSplunker - savedsearch_id="nobody;mlbso;Anomaly Detection", search_type="scheduled", user="d046266", app="mlbso", savedsearch_name="Anomaly Detection", priority=default, status=skipped, reason="The maximum number of concurrent running jobs for this historical scheduled search on this instance has been reached", concurrency_category="historical_scheduled", concurrency_context="saved-search_instance-wide", concurrency_limit=1, scheduled_time=1549698360, window_time=0

I am wondering how can it be that the concurrency limit for this alert is only 1 with the following parameters I have:

number_of_cpus = 8
max_searches_per_cpu = 20
base_max_searches = 10
max_rt_search_multiplier = 1
max_searches_perc = 77

Could you please help with this?

Kind Regards,
Kamil

Tags (1)
1 Solution

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is it possible it is skipping becuase the search hasn't finished running since the last time it was scheduled?

View solution in original post

chrisyounger
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is it possible it is skipping becuase the search hasn't finished running since the last time it was scheduled?

damucka
Builder

Hello @chrisyoungerjds

Thank you, this was the reason.

Regards,
Kamil

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...