Dashboards & Visualizations

example "Table Row Highlighting" is not working with 7.2.5.1

gesa_behrens
Path Finder

Hello,
I have tried to implement row highlighting according to the example dashboard "Table Row Highlighting", but cannot make it work.
After reading all answers I could fin in splunk>answers I now think that this might not work anymore in splunk 7.2. because even the example does not show row coloring according to the examples purpose. The table is all green.

Does anybody have a solution to this?

best regards
Gesa

Tags (1)
0 Karma

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@gesa_behrens

Working in my instance. The colour coding logic, in Table Row Highlighting dashboard, is based on the fields ( active_hist_searches, active_realtime_searches) in the table.

Can you please check again the same dashboard after updating search?

Add below search in existing search of Row Coloring panel in Table Row Highlighting
dashboard.

EXISTING SEARCH | eval a=1 | accum a | eval active_hist_searches=a%3 | fields  - a

This logic is for updating active_hist_searches value as the logic required. You can see the different row colour when active_hist_searches having 2 and 3 as a value.

Can you please check and confirm the issue is still there? If there, then share screens and error in console if any.

Thanks

0 Karma

gesa_behrens
Path Finder

It somehow works with this search extension, but not on first call. When I make a reload, I can see the red rows flash, but then they are overwritten green. But when I click to show page 2 or higher then suddenly it works.
I didn't try "setTimeout" as suggested in another answer, didn't want to edit the .js from the examples.
Thanks a lot for the quick help, so far.

Now that I know, that it basically works I will do some mor tests with my dashboard, before I get back with more questions if Iam not succesfull.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...