Archive

continually load events while scrolling

Explorer

In the event viewer, for a large set of events, you'll see pagination and a way to specify number of events per page.

I'd like to remove the pagination and the "specify # events per page" and replace it with automatic ajax loading of events. For example, a search is posted and the user would receive the first 50 events, and as they scroll down, splunk would fetch the next 50 and append them to the event list.

According to a coworker, this functionality used to exist in the older versions of splunk.

We are currently using splunk version 4.2.

Tags (2)

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk 3.0 through 3.4.X had this feature and we called it variously the "endless scroller" or the "endless pager". It was dropped in 4.0 and although it was a well loved feature and everyone wanted it back, somehow it never happened.

It's actually on my list of things to create, and it's not terribly hard. I'd expect Sideview Utils to have an EndlessPager module before the end of the year. Feel free to email me, bug me about (and even try and "incentivize" me =). My email address is nick@sideviewapps.com. Cheers.

Explorer

Ah great - thanks for letting us know.

0 Karma

Builder

One option, if you dial into the REST api, you can load events directly. You could script your ajax to increase the return count as the page goes down and render the events however you'd like.

Check out: Search Endpoint, Results

0 Karma

Legend

I miss this behaviour too!

0 Karma