Splunk Search

complete data not coming through search

harshal94
Engager

When I run the following query , I am getting data for limited days.
Eg. When I run this query for 1 month ,I didn't get data in stats for last 7 days.

index=dmzwebprod sourcetype=access_combined uri="checkout" host=EU status=200 | eval date_d=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|stats count as Checkout by date_d | appendcols [search index=dmzwebprod source=access uri="checkout/orderConfirmation" host=EU status=200 | eval date_d=strftime(_time,"%Y-%m-%d")|stats count as orders by date_d] | eval ConversionRate_OrdersCheckout=(orders/Checkout)*100

Here data is not coming for "orders" field for last 7 days. While I checked in its index ,data is there, just it is not appearing in stats when I ran query for say 1 month time duration.
What should be the possible issue here?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

damien_chillet
Builder

That is weird indeed... However i think you could make your search much more effective (and that might well solve the issue).
What do you think of the following?

index=dmzwebprod sourcetype=access_combined (uri="checkout" OR uri="checkout/orderConfirmation") host=EU status=200 
    | time chart span=1d count by uri
    | rename checkout as Checkout, "checkout/orderConfirmation" as orders
    | eval ConversionRate_OrdersCheckout=(orders/Checkout)*100

View solution in original post

damien_chillet
Builder

That is weird indeed... However i think you could make your search much more effective (and that might well solve the issue).
What do you think of the following?

index=dmzwebprod sourcetype=access_combined (uri="checkout" OR uri="checkout/orderConfirmation") host=EU status=200 
    | time chart span=1d count by uri
    | rename checkout as Checkout, "checkout/orderConfirmation" as orders
    | eval ConversionRate_OrdersCheckout=(orders/Checkout)*100
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...