Splunk Search

command to check if a field is binary

brdr
Contributor

does splunk have a command that can check to see if a field is binary or has binary characters in it?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jowenssi
Path Finder

Can you be more specific?

It sounds like you need a regular expression. The only binary characters are "0" and "1".

This regex would match binary characters: "[01]+"

View solution in original post

0 Karma

brdr
Contributor

Hey @jowenssi.... to be specific I was curious if there is a Splunk command, that when passed an argument to it, it would check if there are any binary characters in it. For example, we are presently looking for any malformed file names.

I did find this article (using regular expressions) to help me with what I was looking for. Thank you for your answer.

https://www.safaribooksonline.com/library/view/regular-expressions-cookbook/9781449327453/ch06s03.ht...

thank you.

0 Karma

jowenssi
Path Finder

Can you be more specific?

It sounds like you need a regular expression. The only binary characters are "0" and "1".

This regex would match binary characters: "[01]+"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...