Security

com.splunk.dbx.exception.NotFoundException: Can not find object Connection Name of type connection.

pradeep_securep

I am getting the error message "com.splunk.dbx.exception.NotFoundException: Can not find object Connection_Name of type connection." when query the database via db connect. The connection "Connection_Name" is a validated connection.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jimbolya11

Nope - using dev license ...added admin to db_connect_user role...
Same results.

0 Karma

jimbolya11

where do you find those user roles?

0 Karma

jimbolya11

where do you find the user roles?

0 Karma

sochsenbein
Communicator

Settings >> Access Control, note that you probably need to be an Admin or at least a Power User to view it, docs should say.

0 Karma

sochsenbein
Communicator

I had a handful of users having this issue on a dashboard where the dbxquery's stored procedure took a parameter. After checking their roles, I found they were just "user", they were not part of the "db_connect_user" role. After I added them, they could then see the report just fine.

0 Karma

jimbolya11

i have same issue
com.splunk.dbx.exception.NotFoundException

can't seem to find an answer to this

splunk sees the tables but i can query them

0 Karma

jherraghty
Engager

I have the exact same thing. My production box is fine. My dev/test box is not. I built a dev/test box, loaded splunk DB connect on it, same drivers, same JDK etc. The connector is good enough to log on to a MySQL DB, it can read schemas, it knows what tables are there, but it cannot select any records. On executing the run command from splunk -> splunk DB Connect -> Data Lab -> Sql Explorer etc. I get this error "com.splunk.dbx.exception.NotFoundException: Can not find object [MyConnection] of type connection."

I'm running splunk 6.6.3, dbConnect 3.1.1 in production, and Splunk 7.2.3, dbConnect 3.1.4 on my problem dev/test box. It's not perms on Mysql, they are both using the same mysql Driver and the same jre. A mystery so far.

0 Karma

zerocool443
Explorer

Same issue while running dbx queries. Connection object works fine. Can explore catalog but unable to retreive result.

Please share if some bug/solution found.

Thanks

0 Karma

sochsenbein
Communicator

@zerocool443 I'm experiencing the same issue when hard coding the query into the source of the dashboard. My dashboard has two reports running the exact same query (minus some filtering on the first one). The first report has a reference from the dashboard while the second has the SPL hard coded since it uses tokens to pass into the stored procedure. The user sees the first report just fine, but gets this error on the second. Interestingly enough, another co-worker and I can see both reports just fine. Curious it might be a permissions issue (even though both reports use the same connection), so I set the connection to global and readable by everyone, to no avail. Any update on your issue?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...