Deployment Architecture

cloud vs non cloud server

ashish_chand

hello ,

we are using splunk enterprise installed on cloud server and want to manage my application and database server hosted on cloud and non-cloud platform.

i have question before starting my configuration.

is there any difference if i manage logs on the cloud and non-cloud from a enterprise server where my splunk central is hosted?

what the challenge in monitoring the logs on a non-cloud server having splunk enterprise on cloud.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

There is no real difference that matters except for the data export penalty. Getting data into AWS is free, getting data out can be quite costly if you have to move it around or transform it at all.

0 Karma

inventsekar
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk Cloud is managed by Splunk.
Fast and easy to plan and implement/provision.

As Splunk Cloud is managed by splunk, at times you need to follow up with Splunk Support team to do some tasks(like custom app installation, etc).

Splunk enterprise deployed "on-premise" at your office, gives you all the controls you need.

(if this answer resolved your query, please accept this as the answer, so that this question will move from unanswered to answered.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...