Alerting

check and alert on HTTP and Ping response

j666gak
Communicator

Hello,

I need something that can check every 20mins or so that it can ping the sever and then also an http 200 resposen, the if there is no response or not 200 then Splunk alerts.

Has anybody already got a script to do this?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Have you tried the Website Monitoring app ?

It doesn't come with alerts setup , but it will certainly index all the information you require so that you can write your own scheduled searches and wire up alerts.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

Have you tried the Website Monitoring app ?

It doesn't come with alerts setup , but it will certainly index all the information you require so that you can write your own scheduled searches and wire up alerts.

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

The app ships with a saved search called "website_performance_problems". You can open that search in Splunk's search editor and enable actions in order to get alerted to failures.

0 Karma

k_harini
Communicator

ok sure.. will try.. Thanks a lot..

0 Karma

j666gak
Communicator

Managed to get app working, great job!

0 Karma

LukeMurphey
Champion

Let me know how you fixed that issue. I would like to fix this in the app itself. This is the first I have heard of this problem. I tried to reproduce on several combinations of platforms and Splnk versions but I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

0 Karma

k_harini
Communicator

How did you resolve this? Im facing same issue.. Please help

0 Karma

j666gak
Communicator

Damien, I wasn't aware of this app thanks very much.

I am trying to install the app, but keep getting the same error when trying to configure. I have cleared caches and tried different browsers, checked CPU and RAM usage also all other Splunk apps work fine.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Splunkd daemon is not responding: (u'Error connecting to /servicesNS/nobody/website_monitoring/apps/local/website_monitoring/setup: The read operation timed out',)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...