Security

cant able to login localhost8000 splunk enterprise

rameshren

i cant able to login splunk enterprise ,,everytime showing invalid username and password ,,,in localhost8000 websites

Tags (1)
0 Karma

manos1445

Can not login to localhost8000 splunk enterprise.  I have install Splunk 7.2.4. I have already tried to login with admin/changeme and is not working.

0 Karma

Super Champion

have you tried below default username and password-
Username: admin
Password: changeme

0 Karma

rameshren

yes i did,,i can able to login splunk website but cant able to login into splunk enterprise server

0 Karma

Super Champion

splunk website login is not same as splunk server login

0 Karma

rameshren

how to reset

0 Karma

rameshren

i did download when i start splunk enterprise i rooted into localhost8000 website from the beginning i couldnt able to login i tried default but i couldnt ,,,how to reset password

0 Karma

Super Champion

please try above suggestion

0 Karma

Super Champion

To reset the admin password you will need to have access to the file system:
- move/rename the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd file to passwd.bak
- restart splunk. After the restart you should be able to login using the default login (admin/changeme).

0 Karma

dperre_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi rameshren what version of Splunk do you have? It could be possible that you are using the new release with a default password policy.

0 Karma

rameshren

splunk 7.1.1 version and window8 64bit

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...