Getting Data In

can Splunk HF run multiple Python scripts and forward it to multiple indexer

ChetanArgekar
Explorer

I am having 2 scheduled python scripts running in HF.
First script is scheduled for 2 mins and get SNMP data and forwards to Indexer1 (IP:xx.xx.xx.123)
second script is scheduled for 2 mins and collects the JMX data and forwards to Indexer2.( IP:yy.yy.yy.123)

My problem is I am able to get data in only one indexer at a time. either indexer1 or Indexer2 not both. Is there any system limitations from splunk that only one script runs at a time and forwards to 1 indexer.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A HF can run multiple scripts at the same time. The output from those scripts is sent to the indexer(s) specified in outputs.conf. You can direct data to different indexers with Splunk's Routing and Filtering feature. It sends data to different indexers based on source, sourcetype, or other criteria. See https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.1/Forwarding/Routeandfilterdatad for details.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...