Splunk Search

add a count column in the table

ringbbg
Engager

Hi All.

I want to add an additional column in the table to display how many times a particular host in the set time frame had a distinct hit based on the search query below. Can anyo0ne advise how I can add it to the table?

<search>
      <query>index=nm "RPD_OSPF_NBR*" host=$hostname2$ syslog_message!="*ExStart due to*" syslog_message!="*UI_CMDLINE_READ_LINE*" | dedup syslog_message | table _time, host, ip, state, syslog_message | sort 0 -_time</query>
      <earliest>$_time.earliest$</earliest>
      <latest>$_time.latest$</latest>
    </search>
    <option name="count">20</option>
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

index=nm "RPD_OSPF_NBR*" host=$hostname2$ syslog_message!="*ExStart due to*" syslog_message!="*UI_CMDLINE_READ_LINE*" | stats count max(_time) AS _time BY host ip state syslog_message | sort 0 -_time

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

index=nm "RPD_OSPF_NBR*" host=$hostname2$ syslog_message!="*ExStart due to*" syslog_message!="*UI_CMDLINE_READ_LINE*" | stats count max(_time) AS _time BY host ip state syslog_message | sort 0 -_time
0 Karma

ringbbg
Engager

thanks! is there a way to rearrange the order of the column? with the syntax above, the _time column is at the rightmost part of the table. I would like it to be in the left most side, or the first column. Thanks

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Just add | table Your Preferred Order Of Field Names Here. Be sure to click Accept to close the question if the answer worked for you.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...