Monitoring Splunk

Why is the Http Even tCollector LogbackAppender is hanging on connection request?

davemforeflight
Engager

Logs look like:

o.a.http.impl.nio.client.MainClientExec : [exchange: 2] start execution
2018-06-20 16:00:04.014 DEBUG 44700 --- [ main] o.a.h.client.protocol.RequestAddCookies : CookieSpec selected: standard
2018-06-20 16:00:04.014 DEBUG 44700 --- [ main] o.a.h.client.protocol.RequestAuthCache : Auth cache not set in the context
2018-06-20 16:00:04.015 DEBUG 44700 --- [ main] o.a.h.i.n.c.InternalHttpAsyncClient : [exchange: 2] Request connection for {s}->https://input-prd-p-XXXXX.cloud.splunk.com:8088

I have disableCertificateValidation set to true (and can submit json logs via curl and postman). I've also tried adding the clound.splunk.com cert to a trustStore.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

davemforeflight
Engager

SOLVED:

SpringBoot environment with and unreachable Spring Configuration Server. The attempted connection to the config server was blocking the entire app boot process just after the log stack started. So looked like the log stack was hanging, but was really the spring context not starting.

Derp.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

davemforeflight
Engager

SOLVED:

SpringBoot environment with and unreachable Spring Configuration Server. The attempted connection to the config server was blocking the entire app boot process just after the log stack started. So looked like the log stack was hanging, but was really the spring context not starting.

Derp.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...