Splunk Dev

Why is my search to chart server errors per host over a 24 hour period not working?

synking
Explorer

Hey all,

I am trying to show all iis errors separated by host over a 24 hour period. But, when I run the below command, it completes and says it has 200,000 plus results, but nothing shows up in the graph. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

host="**"  | chart list(host) over time by count(sc_status) span=1d
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

synking
Explorer

I was able to get the results I wanted by using the below command.

|bin _time span=1d | chart sum(sc_status) list(sort(sc_status)) by host,sc_status

View solution in original post

synking
Explorer

I was able to get the results I wanted by using the below command.

|bin _time span=1d | chart sum(sc_status) list(sort(sc_status)) by host,sc_status

Vijeta
Influencer
host="*" | bin span=1d _time| stats count(sc_status)  as count by host sc_status
0 Karma

synking
Explorer

Thank you this gets me more than I was able to before. But the chart will only show one server. Is there a way to show all servers and separate the status by status type instead of total count

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...