Getting Data In

Why is my inputlookup table not working?

albin111

I wanted to ask you for some help. I am trying to create a lookup table on Splunk. I can’t make it work and I can't figure out why.

Query: | inputlookup TrainingList.csv

The following are the things I did:

• Created the TrainingList.csv file on /opt/splunk/etc/apps/MyApp/lookups
  • Defined the stanza on /opt/splunk/etc/apps/MyApp/local/transforms.conf

Stanza was defined as:

[TrainingList]
filename = TrainingList.csv
0 Karma

harsmarvania57
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

How are you accessing this lookup table, with query | inputlookup TrainingList.csv OR | inputlookup TrainingList?

In which app are you accessing this lookup in Splunk GUI ? For example if you are running above query in Search & Reporting app and MyApp has default sharing permission to App level only, then lookup file or lookup definition which created in MyApp will have app level permission and you will not able to search those lookup files and lookup definitions in other apps. In this case either change MyApp App permission to Global level with read access to everyone OR change lookup file & lookup definition in MyApp from App level to Global.

0 Karma

albin111

Permissions and context were ok. I deleted everything and managed to create it through the GUI and works. Thanks all for the help.

0 Karma

mstjohn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi @albin111,

did you figure out an answer to this problem?

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you do this through the config files, or the GUI? If you did it through the config files, you will probably need to bounce the Search Head or do a debug refresh: https://answers.splunk.com/answers/102568/reload-transforms-conf-without-restarting-splunk.html

0 Karma

albin111

I did it directly in the config files. I've restarted the server, I did the debug/refresh thing too. I don't know what else to do LOL.

0 Karma

kmorris_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you tried doing it through the GUI?

0 Karma

albin111

I managed to delete the file and recreate it through the GUI. Thanks.

0 Karma

albin111

Sadly, I don't have the Datasets addon. I cannot just download it because of security reasons. If you know any short term solution, please share.

0 Karma

albin111

Nope. I'm so used to doing everything through the console that I always neglect the GUI. I will try and see.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...