Deployment Architecture

Why is TA-nmon not stopping when the Splunk service is stopped?

grivera_kudaw
Explorer

Hi.

I just have some questions.

I have TA-nmon on a Splunk Heavy Forwarder. When I stop the Splunk service on the Heavy Forwarder, the TA-nmon app continues running.

I always have to kill the process with the kill command.

The agent and Ta-nmon was upgraded with 7.13 ans 1.3.33 respectively, and the OS is Enterprise Linux Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Carthage)

The question is, Is it normal that TA-nomn continued running while Splunk service was stopped?

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since TA-nmon runs scripts which create processes outside Splunk, Splunk does not stop those scripts on shutdown.

I consider this "normal", if you update your question to tag the nmon application the author will usually respond.
If your running Splunk 7+ you might want to look at metricator if you prefer the metrics version.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...