#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Why do you have to enter a captcha if email address is validated?

mprilop
Explorer

Entering a captcha is difficult for many reasons and can be really frustrating on the border to discriminating for impaired (see wikipedia article on this).
As one has to create an account and validate the email to ask questions here why should one also have to enter a captcha?

(this is my third approach to ask the question ... captcha always failed)

Tags (2)

oprokhorenko_sp
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Most often it's expired session, but it's also possible to be due to low Karma points (which is not the case for your - you have 31).

Speaking of failing CAPTCHA, is it something you can still reproduce? Please email me op@splunk.com and I'll be happy to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

0 Karma

lguinn2
Legend

You should not need to enter the captcha if you are logged in. Although perhaps you have to have some minimum karma, too?

Whenever I see the captcha box, I notice that I forgot to login (or my login has expired).

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...