Getting Data In

Why did the data stop being ingested from Splunk DB connect input?

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I was receiving data from Splunk DB inputs however it suddenly stopped. I restarted Splunkd but it didn't help. I have checked logs and found an error as follows:

main:FATAL:JavaBridgeServer - Unable to listen on localhost:17865: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
 java.net.BindException: Address already in use

Please suggest!

0 Karma
1 Solution

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

If anybody comes across this type issue, please check the default task port i.e. 9998 is being used by another service. The simple solution is to change the port of task server exp: 9999 and save the settings which will end up restarting task server.

Thanks
Kashif

View solution in original post

0 Karma

khusain_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

If anybody comes across this type issue, please check the default task port i.e. 9998 is being used by another service. The simple solution is to change the port of task server exp: 9999 and save the settings which will end up restarting task server.

Thanks
Kashif

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...