Security

Why can't you specify a SSL Cert to be used by Splunk?

mcxrisley

So I have a question for the developers at Splunk. Why is there no option inside of general settings that allows us to specify an SSL cert to be used for the server????? Cisco has this feature in their FirePOWER software. Hell, it will even generate the certififcate for you. This is feature that is severaly needed in Splunk and I'm not the only person who seems to think so. I have to talked to several people from several other establishments like where I work and they all have the same qissues and questions.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you asking for a way to do this through the Splunk Web UI? If your question is more general, you can use your own certificate by adding it to the settings in web.conf. See Secure Splunk Web with your own certificate in the Securing Splunk Enterprise manual, if you haven't already discovered this content.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...