Splunk Search

Why can't I search in Splunk ? "Splunk cannot authenticate the request CSRF validation failed"

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I can no longer search anything on any local splunk instance from my firefox browser.

Firefox + plugins
Splunk 6.5.2 or 3
localhost installation
reinstalling Splunk doesn't solve the issue.

clearing browser cache also doesn't do anything for this pb.(like I could find in other posts)

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Found out that even after reloading page, I would have the splunk popups appearing.

went through firefox/preference/privacy cookies -> 127.0.0.1 (the site I had problem with) -> erased all cookies under this

this make search work again !

View solution in original post

maraman_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Found out that even after reloading page, I would have the splunk popups appearing.

went through firefox/preference/privacy cookies -> 127.0.0.1 (the site I had problem with) -> erased all cookies under this

this make search work again !

joechakkola1
Explorer

thanks , that worked for me !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...