Dashboards & Visualizations

Why are the panels not showing data in the dashboard?

abhi04
Communicator

I have a dashboard where one of the panel is not showing data. What I got was this panel is added as a report and after checking i found out that this report when opened (clicked upon) shows the message as "There are no results because the report is disabled". Also I can see Acceleration and embedding has been disabled for this report. The report when opened in search will show the results.
So, should it not show the results in Dashboard as Panel? If not then why and also what does acceleration and embedding here means.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi,

Go to your dashboard and create new panel and add your existing report search to this new panel. It will not depend on the report which is already created by you and is referred in the dashboard.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

abhi04
Communicator

Hi @thambisetty, yes correct I have already done that but wanted an explanation for the cause for better understanding.

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

May be I need to test your scenario to give you whats exactly gone wrong in this scenario.

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...